Force Skills are an additional skill system implemented as a part of each character's 3rd Job. Unlike normal skills which can be found in the Skill menu, Force Skills possess their own unique UI. Unlike normal skills, Force Skills are unlocked via dungeon drops which allow you to access to the wanted skill in the new menu.
Force Skills are divided into three categories: Force Passives, Force Actives, and Force Mod skills. All three of these types of skills can be toggled on and off at any given time (except in PvP).
Upon unlocking this new system, 5 additional skill slots will be made available for a player to use, and the player will be able to switch between the regular slots and these additional ones with the spacebar at will. Despite being unlocked as a part of the Force Skill system, these slots are not exclusive to Force Actives, and any skill can be placed on them. There is however, still a limit of up to 10 normal skills that can be carried at any given time. The additional slot bar also lacks a Transcendence bonus slot.
Force Skill Menu
With the new system there comes a new UI which stores all the information regarding the new Force Skills.
On the Force Skill Menu, you are allowed to equip up to 2 Passives, 5 Actives, and 7 Mod skills at any given time. Players can store a maximum of 32 Force Skills concurrently.
Force Passives are exactly as the name might imply. When equipped, they will provide some sort of passive benefit. The passives are non-character specific.
An example is the skill as shown in the picture called "Illipia's Aura", which increases the user's health as well as allows them to restore their HP when out of combat.
Force Actives are non-character specific active commands which can provide a variety of attacks or buffs.
An example is the skill as shown in the picture called "Hyper Acceleration", which allows the user to temporarily increase their speed drastically.
Force Mod skills influence specific skills for each individual character and class. When a Force Mod skill is equipped in the menu, that specific skill will go through a functional change when used, often changing aspects of the skill completely. Mod skills are obtained through a dungeon drop which will allow them to obtain a Mod skill of their choice for their specific class.
An example is the skill as shown in the picture called "[Mod] Shooting Star", which allows Fatal Phantom to convert Shooting Star from a barrage of multiple homing missiles to a single homing missile which explodes into a large magnetic field.
A unique part of the Force Skills system is that some skills come with different rarities which influence their performance. This however only applies to Passives and Actives. Mod skills are always categorized as Common for the first 3 free ones from advancing to 3rd job, and Unique for the rest. Unique Mod skills do not come automatically sealed, must be sealed to be traded, and have a seal count of 1.
With Passives and Actives, they can come in 4 different rarities. Rare, Elite, Unique, and Legendary. For most skills, they will come only in Rare, Elite, or Unique variants. These variants determine the effectiveness of the passive or active's traits.
Legendary skills similar to Mod skills only come in one variant. These skills are the rarest of the Force Skills.
Obtainable Force Skills
|Image||Item Name||How to Obtain||Use|
|[Mod] Force (A) Cube||Camilla's Force Skill Training 3/3||Obtain 1 of two specific [Mod] skills depending on class.|
Force Skill Category
|Eroding Energy||Get Greedy||Head Hunter|
|Illipia's Aura||Indomitable Will||Lightning Chain|
|Remaining El's Aspiration|
|Image||Item Name||How to Obtain||Use|
|New Power: Force||
||Obtain Rare Illipia's Aura, Rare Hyper Acceleration, and 3 preset [Mod] Skills for your class.|
|Secret Manual: [Mod] Force (A)||
||Craft [Mod] Skills at Camilla.|
|[Elite] Force Skill Evolution Stone||
||Upgrade Rare Force Skills into Elite at Glave.|
|[Unique] Force Skill Evolution Stone||
||Upgrade Elite Force Skills into Unique at Glave.|
|Secret Manual: Force (M) (Rare)||
||Obtain Rare Master Class Force Skill.|
|Secret Manual: Force (M) (Elite)||
||Obtain Elite Master Class Force Skill.|
|Secret Manual: Force (M) (Unique)||
||Obtain Unique Master Class Force Skill.|
Tips and Details
- A 3rd job's initial 6 Force skills (Illipia's Aura, Haunting Spirit, Hyper Acceleration and 3 Force Change skills depending on class) can be bought for 5 million ED at Camilla at any time, should you accidentally lose or discard them.
- Force skills can be toggle on and off while in fields and dungeons, including Actives and Mod skills. Doing so will simply put the skill on cooldown.
- As Aisha, swapping between versions while the skill has been memorized will not remove the skill from the memorize skill slots, but it will still change to the currently selected version. With some smart management, she can very dynamically switch between Force and non-Force skills, as memorized skills can be used at any time.
- While unlisted in the tooltip, Force Actives gains Super Armor status, make it efficiently useful in PvP since it has no cost. (except Obtenebration)
- Skills modified by a Force Mod will have '[Mod]' in front on the bottom left of the screen when the skill in question is used by a player, much like [Enhanced].
- The Force Mod items that can drop from dungeons are suffixed by an (A), though with the release of Master Class adding similar books suffixed by an (M), this likely means nothing more than "Ability", "Active" or "Alternate".
- The (M) suffix for the Master Force items likely stands for "Master".