Players are able to continue the job progression of their characters by doing the third job quest. Each class is unique, changing the personality of the characters.
- Various voice lines change depending on their new personality. (Ready, emotion, awakening, defeat and quick voices).
- Certain [Mod] skills also have their voices modified.
- The Awakening cut-in changes to match the new portrait.
- Various new skills become available to the character. Currently, this includes 1 new [Hyper Active] and 2 new [Passive] skills.
- The Force system is unlocked, giving players access to special [Ability] or [Passive] skills that can be used by any third job and are obtained either as a dungeon drop or as a boss drop. Force skills are divided by passive/active and rarity.
- Additionally, the system also grants access to the [Mod] items. These allow you to change the skill they represent into an alternate version of that skill. While some of them only change the way a skill can be used in different situations (such as [Mod] Eschaton), there are others that change a skill entirely (such as [Mod] Crescent Kick).
- This new system is very similar to the old Skill Notes system, although you can unequip the [Mod] items at will.
- The basic Force Skill items, as well as any individual third job class's initial skill [Mod] items (3 per class), can be purchased from Camilla at any time.
- For Lu/Ciel players, the third job advancement will advance both characters at once.
- If you are unhappy with your current class and wish to switch classes, you may do so by buying the item mall class change item. (NA: 3,300 K-ching)
Class Change Quest
Like Transcendence, third job quests are universal, though some classes have minor variations that have small gameplay changes (for example, while the third part of most 3rd Job Quests require collecting 20 items from Skin Splitters, the third part of Mad Paradox's Quest only requires the defeat of 20 Skin Splitters, which can be progressed even when the player is dead while Quest items can only be collected while the player is alive).
- Main Article: Force Skills
List of Classes