My mission ends now. The only thing it ends up is endless chaos.
[The fallen Ruler of the Abyss]
- In-game Version
- Nexon Version
Betrayer of the goddess and Ruler of the Abyss.
In order to fulfill his mission, Ain endures the pain of his body crumbling to pieces.
He believes getting in contact with the goddess would make everything better, but he loses his faith in the goddess completely, when he witnessed the supposed perfect creation of the goddess, El, become corrupted to be reborn as the Dark El.
Ain becomes consumed by the chaos and realizes that in the end , everything is ephemeral.
Ain now embraces chaos and becomes Ruler of the Abyss.
변질된 신의 힘을 사용할 수록 몸이 부서지고, 신체에 나타나기 시작한 헤니르의 흔적도 영역을 넓혀가지만 사명을 위해 고통을 버텨내며 나아가는 아인.
엘소드 일행과 함께 도착한 나소드 생산기지에서 아인은 인간의 창조물인 '나소드'가 필요에 의해 수없이 만들어지고, 폐기되는 것을 보게 된다.
그런 나소드들의 모습에서 사명을 위해 만들어지고, 완수 후 사라지게 될 자신을 비춰본 아인은 자신의 존재에 대한 회의감, 미래에 대한 절망과 두려움을 느낀다.
다시 한번, 여신에게 답을 구하기 위해 페이타로 향하지만 페이타 전역을 뒤덮은 끔찍할 정도의 마기와 무수한 마족들을 보고 혼돈은 더욱 커져만 갔다.
그럼에도 여신과 닿는다면 모든 것이 씻겨져 나갈 것이라 믿고 그것 만을 바라보며 나아가던 아인은 마족들이 섬기는 보석 <다크엘>을 발견한다.
여신만이 간섭 할 수 있는, 완벽한 창조물이라 생각했던 엘이 마족들에 의해 타락한 것을 본 아인은 유일하게 자신을 지탱해주던 여신에 대한 믿음마저 깨져 완전히 커진 혼돈의 씨앗에 먹혀버린다.
그 속에서 다시 혼돈의 핵을 마주하지만, 혼돈에 뒤덮인 아인은 그 것이 이전처럼 불안정하게 느껴지지 않았다.
아인은 뒤섞이고 흐트러져 있는 혼돈의 끝에서 만물의 창조, 시작과 죽음, 결국 모든 것은 무로 돌아갈 뿐이라는 것을 깨닫게 된다.
사라질 것들을 위한 사명도, 그것을 위해 만들어진 자신도 의미가 없다.
혼란스러운 감정을 정리한 아인은 여신과 사명을 버리고, 그 자리에 그동안 자신을 좀먹어왔던 헤니르의 혼돈을 받아들인다.
몰아치는 혼돈의 폭풍, 그 중심에서 모든 것을 가장 완벽한 형태인 '무(無)'로 되돌리는 공허의 절대자가 된다.
The more he uses the corrupted power of the God, the more his body shatters. The trace of Henir that starts to appear spreads throughout his body, but for the sake of his mission, Ain endures the pain and moves forward.
When Ain arrives at Nasod Foundry with the El Search Party, he sees how the "Nasod", a creation of mankind, are manufactured numerously then later discarded once its purpose is fulfilled. From watching the Nasods, he reflects on himself - a being created for the mission and fated to disappear after its completion - and grows skeptical of his existence. Fear and despair for the future begin to fill his mind.
Again, to ask for an answer from the Goddess, Ain heads to Feita, but the terrible demonic aura that shrouds the entire region and the numerous demons only help develop the chaos within Ain. Even then, believing that reaching the Goddess will cleanse him of everything, Ain perseveres with only that in his mind. He ends up discovering the "Dark El", a jewel that the demons worship. After seeing how the El, which he believed is a perfect creation that only the Goddess can interfere with, could be corrupted by the demons, Ain's faith in the Goddess that has sustained him thus far, shatters and he is consumed by the fully grown seed of chaos.
Within it, Ain faces the core of the chaos again, but he, enveloped in chaos, does not feel that it is unstable like how he felt it was last time. At the end of the disordered chaos, Ain realizes that the creation of everything - the beginning and the end - everything is bound to return to nothing.
The mission to save the things that are bound to disappear, and even himself, who is created for that mission, have no meaning.
When Ain sorts out his chaotic emotions, he abandons the Goddess and his mission, replacing them by fully accepting the chaos of Henir that has been eating away at him all this time. In the center of the storm of chaos, Ain becomes the absolute ruler of the Void who returns everything to its perfect state: nothing. -
Second Class Advancement
You can Transcend at Lv 70.
- 2nd Job Skill Traits unlocked at Level 70.
- 2nd Job Final Enhanced Skill unlocked upon Transcending.
- Transcendence Skill Traits unlocked at Level 99.
- Transcendence Final Enhanced Skill unlocked upon advancing to 3rd job class.
Upon reaching Lv.99, a Transcendent: Apostasia can job advance to a Herrscher.
- Full Gallery: Ain/Gallery
- Apostasia is a Greek term for apostasy, which is the abandonment or renunciation of a religion.
- The initial for Apostasia is P instead of A to prevent confusion with Arme Thaumaturgy.
- Unlike the other paths’ 2nd classes whose hair color changes in response to his primary power, Apostasia's hair color still retains the dark shade from Lofty: Wanderer but does not change entirely.
- Upon advancing to Apostasia, both pupils will be dyed dark green and have a ring pattern, the lower-left bit of his face will start to be corrupted, his mouth becomes dark green, and his expression will be changed to a blank stare. In his Spiritualism mode, his pupils will change shape and become light blue, his sclera will be changed to dark blue. His character selection screen quote also changes. In addition, the cloak in his regular portrait does not appear in his Henir mode models or portraits.
- While in Henir mode, Apostasia will have a large hole in his chest. In his portrait, his hair can be seen through it. However, his in-game model lacks this hole.
- Apostasia's voice tone changes to be more emotionless and monotone. This is also reflected in his Henir mode voice lines.
- Apostasia's portrait depicts him in his idle pose.
- The corruption of Henir on his arms, body, and legs are part of his promotional gloves, top piece, and bottom piece, respectively.