|Language:||English • Deutsch • español • français • Bahasa Indonesia • italiano • 한국어 • polski • português do Brasil • 中文（简体） • 中文（繁體）|
I must fight on... for those I care for...!
Thanks to the modifications done on the Nasod Arm, Raven is able to tolerate overheating much better, allowing him to execute even more explosive flame-based attacks. He now possesses abilities that leave flames on the ground, burning enemies who walk through the scorching ground.
The Nasod arm may be capable of massive destruction, but Raven is alarmed that it is overheating far too often now. The mercenary needs to get it fixed before it fails him in battle, and before long, he approaches the Ponggos for their expertise.
Raven is then sent out to collect rare materials for the repair: Ignis's arm that blasts out nuclear flames, for greater firepower; the dark steel of Durahan Knight, for better heat resistance; and enchanted, mass-altering golem fragments, for making the usually heavy dark steel easier to carry. Gathering all these from such huge, dangerous monsters is clearly not simple, but Raven succeeds nonetheless.
The Ponggos complete the Nasod arm enhancement, and soon, Raven becomes the distinguished Veteran Commander—a temperamental yet compassionate leader of fighters.
As a Veteran Commander, Raven has long hair with a red streak on the right side of his hair. He wears a sleeveless black and red coat with metallic patterns on it, dark gray pants with belts wrapped around it, and metallic boots with winged metallic black patterns on the heels. He wears 2 necklaces, one with rectangular pendants and the other with sword-shaped pendant, and a belt with canisters and a crow-shaped core attached to it. In his right arm, he wears a red and black glove with metallic spikes and a black tape or ribbon wrapped around his upper arm. His Nasod Arm became more heavily armored with an orange glow and is now capable of shooting projectiles and flames powerful enough to create eruptions from the ground
Raven's personality as a Veteran Commander stands out to be the most complex of the 3 classes. He has grown a strong sense of justice and a wish to honor the fallen comrades who saved him. This made him wear the Crow Mercenaries uniform again when fighting. He will use any available tactics to win a fight, fighting for what he cares for.
Second Class Advancement
Upon reaching Lv. 35, Weapon Taker can advance into Veteran Commander. To receive the 2nd job quest, you must be Lv. 35 and have access to Altera to be able obtain the quest from Ariel.
Veteran Commander can also be obtained by using the Item Mall item: Badge of the Crow Mercenaries .
- Speak with Altera Ponggo Elder Adel.
- Collect 40 drops from monsters throughout the Altera region.
- Recommended 4-5: Nasod Foundry on Very Hard (☆☆☆).
- Speak with Lento in Feita
You can Transcend at Lv 70.
: Overheat combo damage is calculated without Overheat Mode Activated! nor Overheat buff.
: All damage values for new and preexisting combos receive a 1.1x multiplier during 2nd job.
| Air Bomb Raid
Replaces the original combo. Instead of blasting flames, shoot out an explosive shell, and continue the combo with a barrage of shells at a 45° angle. Repeatedly pressing the X key cause overheat and fire more shells, however pressing the X key only twice will fire the first shell and then another with no overheat. The first and last shell fired will leave a trail of fire momentarily when they impact onto platforms.
(Flame Trails) 50% Mag. Damage
| Hit and Run / Roll and Grab
Attack three times with your sword, then do a backstep, firing 1 shot with your arm and another shot, knocking targets down.
Alternatively, if holding the directional button, you will do a front roll past the enemies and then grab them with your arm.
Backstory of Veteran Commander in comic format. Click Here
Tips and Details
- With both Mercenary Behavior and Mercenary Survival Strategy, Veteran Commander can become extremely resistant to overheat, status effects, and damage when low on HP, making him a progressively difficult opponent to injure.
- Whenever Veteran Commander's arm overheats, it will show as his arm 'vents' opening, and makes a sound when it closes.
- The overheat animation used after going into overheat differs between combos and skills originally learned by Weapon Taker and ones learned by Veteran Commander. Weapon Taker will swipe his arm inward while Veteran Commander will typically swipe his arm away.
- During Veteran Commander's release event in NA/UK, when summoning his NPC Card, the angel from the KR pre-release event appears and fights for them. However, this didn't happen in his pre-release event.
- Veteran Commander's design and concept seems to based on crows. This is shown in his Nasod arm, weapon, uniform, and accessories bearing crow-like features.
- His skills, Ignition Crow and Burning Buster, materializes black burning crows to attack the enemies. His old passive, Air Slicer, also uses a Black Crow symbol.
- In the Lock Down Veteran Commander skill cut-in, Raven's right eye closes, as if he's taking aim.