|Language:||English • Deutsch • español • français • Bahasa Indonesia • italiano • 한국어 • polski • português do Brasil • 中文（简体） • 中文（繁體）|
|Weapon||Blade, Enhanced Weaponized Nasod Arm|
|Weight||105 kg/120 kg (with Nasod Arm) (231 lb/264 lb)|
|Class Tree||Raven > Weapon Taker > Veteran Commander|
|Release Date|| 23 August 2012
August 14th, 2013
21 August 2013
21 August 2013
19 March 2014
I must fight on... for those I care for...!
Thanks to the modifications done on the Nasod Arm, Raven is able to tolerate overheating much better, allowing him to execute even more explosive flame-based attacks. He now possesses abilities that leave flames on the ground, burning enemies who walk through the scorching ground. With Shadow Backslide, he is capable of shadow stepping in both directions to misdirect and evade enemies.
The Nasod arm may be capable of massive destruction, but Raven is alarmed that it is overheating far too often now. The mercenary needs to get it fixed before it fails him in battle, and before long, he approaches the Ponggos for their expertise.
Raven is then sent out to collect rare materials for the repair: Ignis's arm that blasts out nuclear flames, for greater firepower; the dark steel of Durahan Knight, for better heat resistance; and enchanted, mass-altering golem fragments, for making the usually heavy dark steel easier to carry. Gathering all these from such huge, dangerous monsters is clearly not simple, but Raven succeeds nonetheless.
The Ponggos complete the Nasod arm enhancement, and soon, Raven becomes the distinguished Veteran Commander—a temperamental yet compassionate leader of fighters.
Second Class Advancement
At Lv35, Weapon Taker can advance into Veteran Commander. The second class advancement quest is obtained from Ariel, the event NPC located in every town.
Veteran Commander can also be obtained by using the Item Mall item: Badge of the Crow Mercenaries.
- Speak with Altera Ponggo Elder Adel.
- Collect 40 drops from monsters throughout the Altera region.
- Recommended 4-5 Very Hard Mode.
- Speak with Lento in Feita
Air Bomb Raid (Able to overheat)
Replaces the original combo. Instead of blasting flames, shoot out an explosive shell, and continue the combo with a barrage of shells at a 45° angle. The first and last shell launches enemies up. Repeatedly pressing the X key cause overheat and fire more shells (Max. 10), however pressing the X key only twice will fire the first shell and then another, both of which will launch the target, with no overheat. Shells which impact onto platforms will leave a trail of fire momentarily.
| Hit and Run / Roll and Grab
Attack three times with your sword, then do a backstep, firing 1 shot with your arm and another shot, knocking targets down.
Alternatively, if holding the directional button, you will do a front roll past the enemies and then grab them with your arm.
Backstory of Veteran Commander in comic format. Click Here
When wearing Salvatore Gaia gloves, overheating will make vents appear for the duration of the buff.
- Whenever Veteran Commander's arm overheats, it will show as his arm 'vents' opening, and makes a sound when it closes.
- With both Mercenary Behavior and Mercenary Survival Strategy, Veteran Commander can become extremely resistant to overheat, status effects, and damage when low on HP, making him a progressively difficult opponent to injure.
- During Veteran Commander's release event in NA/UK, when summoning his NPC Card, the angel from the KR pre-release event appears and fights for them. However, this didn't happen in his pre-release event.
- Veteran Commander has exceptional mid-air maneuverability compared to other job classes after learning Victory Survival Strategy, which gives him the most mid-air skills out of any job class.
- Veteran Commander's design and concept seems to based on crows. This is shown in his Nasod arm, weapon, uniform, and accessories bearing crow-like features.
- His skills, Ignition Crow and Burning Buster, materializes black burning crows to attack the enemies. His old passive, Air Slicer, also uses a Black Crow symbol.
- In the Lock Down Veteran Commander skill cut-in, Raven's right eye closes, as if he's taking aim.