|Weapon||Sword, Magic, Runes|
|Class Tree||Elsword > Magic Knight > Rune Slayer|
Ready for some heat?!
The Rune Slayer combines the best of both attack types—physical and magical. Elsword becomes this refined Magic Knight once he acquires more advanced magical skills to cripple and dominate his foes. Advancing to a Rune Slayer provides Elsword with more improved combos and new rune attacks that can be summoned with a flick of his fingers. Keep your enemies at a distance using runes or charge in with your sword!
While traveling, Elsword decides to practice his magic skills so that he can become stronger. He goes to Vannessa in Velder for help, and she explained to him that he can start using runes instead of fireballs to increase his power. Soon Elsword started to use the runes he got from training, and this allowed him to become a more stronger magic knight, thus giving him the name, Rune Slayer.
Second Class Advancement
At Lv35, Magic Knight can advance into Rune Slayer. The second class advancement quest is obtained from Ariel, the event NPC located in every town.
- Speak with Adel in Altera.
- Collect 5 Memory Alloys from any Nasod monsters in the Altera region on any difficulty.
- Speak with Lento in Peita.
- Collect drops from monsters throughout the Peita region:
NOTE: Rune Damage is calculated before Enhanced Fireball.
| Exploding Rune
Elsword casts a rune directly in front of him and then expands it, making it explode and lifting targets in range into the air. Can be looped by using actives or having high Action Speed.
| Aerial Rune
While airborne, Elsword casts a rune in the air and then propels it downward at a 45 degree angle, covering a moderate distance. Unlike the old version, before launching it down, Elsword pops a rune out, stunning targets and making them vulnerable for a combo.
Rune Slayer's Teaser poster shown alongside Lord Knight.
List of changes to Rune Slayer after the 14/2 Revamp.Video Here
- Upon advancing to a Rune Slayer, all of the normal Fireball combos have been replaced with Runes.
- These Runes travel much faster and are larger than Elsword's old Fireball attacks.
- Even though his main rune (the number 3 in a circling dragon) is divided in two tattoos (3 on his left shoulder and the dragon on his right), he never uses both of his hands to use the main rune in his skills/attacks, so the dividing of it is mostly just for looks.
- Notice how in the concept art that his original design was built up from Magic Knight's, but then that idea was dropped completely and then they changed it to make him have the most unique design from all his other jobs.
- Rune Slayer and Infinity Sword are the only Elsword classes that visibly smile when idle.