|Language:||English • Deutsch • español • français • Bahasa Indonesia • italiano • 한국어 • polski • português do Brasil • ไทย • Tiếng Việt • 中文（简体） • 中文（繁體）|
Ready for some heat?!
The Rune Slayer combines the best of both attack types—physical and magical, especially after incorporating the use of runes. These runes are manipulative in various degrees, perfectly complimenting the Rune Slayer's combat style. Unlike the fireballs used previously, runes provide much better utility in combat: it still provides ranged combat like its predecessor, but with the added function of causing splash magic damage alongside with swordplay in perfect unison.
While traveling, Elsword decides to practice his magic skills so that he can become stronger. He goes to Vanessa in Velder for help, and she explains to him that he can start using runes instead of fireballs to increase his power. Soon Elsword starts to use the runes he got from training, and this allowed him to become a stronger magic knight, thus giving him the name, Rune Slayer.
Second Class Advancement
At Lv35, Magic Knight can advance into Rune Slayer. The second class advancement quest is obtained from Ariel, the event NPC located in every town.
Rune Slayer can also be obtained by using the Item Mall item: Rune Slayer Mark.
- Speak with Adel in Altera.
- Collect 5 Memory Alloys from any Nasod monsters in the Altera region on any difficulty.
- Speak with Lento in Feita.
- Collect drops from monsters throughout the Feita region:
- 10 Purified Magic Crystals from Glitter Necromancers.
- 10 Footprint Rock Fragments from any Golems.
- 10 Purified Power Crystals from any Glitter Soldiers (except Necromancers).
You can Transcend at Lv 70.
All fireballs used in combos are replaced with runes.
| Exploding Rune
After doing the standard combo, summon a rune directly in front of you and expand it, making it explode and launching enemies into the air. If fully charged, the rune will not launch grounded opponents.
| Aerial Rune
Replaces Magic Knight combo. While airborne, casts a rune in the air and then propels it downward at a 45° angle, covering a moderate distance and pierces all enemies. Unlike the old version, before launching it down, you pop the rune out. Rune can be absorbed but not reflected.
| Flame Swing
| Launch Burst
After launching with , explode a rune beneath the enemy to launch them up once more. The rune can be delayed for a short time by holding down . If fully charged, the rune will not launch grounded opponents.
It's time to get real!
At Lv70, you will be able to advance to Transcendence path. The Transcendence quest is obtained from Ariel, the event NPC located in every town.
Transcendence can also be obtained by using the Cash Shop item: Book of Transcendence: God's Will.
- Clear 5 dungeons within level range (excluding Ruben/Henir/Ereda)
- Collect 5 Very Small Goddesses' Breath Fragments (Any Lanox Dungeon on Very Hard)
- Collect 5 Tiny Goddesses' Breath Fragments (Any Secret Dungeon)
- Collect 3 Big Goddesses' Breath Fragments (Any Secret Dungeon)
- Clear 20 Secret Dungeons
Transcendent Skill Tree
Rune Slayer's Teaser poster shown alongside Lord Knight.
Tips and Details
- Upon advancing to a Rune Slayer, all normal Fireball combos are replaced with Runes.
- These Runes travel much faster and are larger than Elsword's old Fireball attacks.
- Strangely, Rune Slayer's >>ZZX combo does not have increased damage on an enemy affected by his Magic Chain passive, despite the former being a magical attack.
- Unlike most other magical projectiles, Rune Slayer's Runes cannot be reflected completely. The runes will still go past enemies but will not deal damage if reflected.
- Allies behind will receive damage from 'reflected' rune.
- In his concept art, his initial design was rejected as it had too many similarities to Magic Knight. They then completely redesign his outfit and personality to be more rugged and laid-back rather than knightly and serious like Lord Knight.
- On Rune Slayer's runes, text reading "The Time Is Now" can be seen under the main symbol in small text.