|Language:||English • Deutsch • español • français • Bahasa Indonesia • italiano • 한국어 • polski • português do Brasil • ไทย • 中文（简体）|
|Weapon||Great Sword, Magic, Runes|
|Class Tree||Elsword > Magic Knight > Rune Slayer|
Cavaliere delle Rune
4 May 2011
July 6th, 2011
4 January 2012
Ready for some heat?!
- 1 Rune Slayer
The Rune Slayer combines the best of both attack types—physical and magical. Elsword becomes this refined Magic Knight once he acquires more advanced magical skills to cripple and dominate his foes. Advancing to a Rune Slayer provides Elsword with more improved combos and new rune attacks that can be summoned with a flick of his fingers. Keep your enemies at a distance using runes or charge in with your sword!
While traveling, Elsword decides to practice his magic skills so that he can become stronger. He goes to Vanessa in Velder for help, and she explained to him that he can start using runes instead of fireballs to increase his power. Soon Elsword started to use the runes he got from training, and this allowed him to become a more stronger magic knight, thus giving him the name, Rune Slayer.
Second Class Advancement
At Lv35, Magic Knight can advance into Rune Slayer. The second class advancement quest is obtained from Ariel, the event NPC located in every town.
- Speak with Adel in Altera.
- Collect 5 Memory Alloys from any Nasod monsters in the Altera region on any difficulty.
- Speak with Lento in Feita.
- Collect drops from monsters throughout the Feita region:
- 10 Purified Magic Crystals from Glitter Necromancers.
- 10 Footprint Rock Fragments from any Golems.
- 10 Purified Power Crystals from any Glitter Soldiers (except Necromancers).
|Level 35 (4 SP)|
|Level 45 (4 SP)|
|Level 50 (4 SP)|
|Level 55 (5 SP)|
|Level 60 (5 SP)|
|Level 65 (10 SP)|
NOTE: Rune Damage is calculated before Enhanced Fireball.
| Exploding Rune
Elsword casts a rune directly in front of him and then expands it, making it explode and lifting targets in range into the air. Can be looped by using actives or having high Action Speed.
| Aerial Rune
While airborne, Elsword casts a rune in the air and then propels it downward at a 45 degree angle, covering a moderate distance. Unlike the old version, before launching it down, Elsword pops a rune out, stunning targets and making them vulnerable for a combo.
- Combo Video by 'QueenofNasod'
- Combo Video by 'Pandamare'
- Combo Video by 'NoctisMortisNA'
- Combo Video by 'jeid6000'
- Combo Video by 'Zytas'
- PvP Gameplay by 'NoctisMortisNA'
Rune Slayer's Teaser poster shown alongside Lord Knight.
List of changes to Rune Slayer after the 14/2 Revamp.Video Here
- Upon advancing to a Rune Slayer, all normal Fireball combos are replaced with Runes.
- These Runes travel much faster and are larger than Elsword's old Fireball attacks.
- In his concept art, his initial design was rejected as it had too many similarities to Magic Knight. They then completely redesign his outfit and personality to be more rugged and laid-back rather than knightly and serious like Lord Knight.
- Even though Rune Slayer's tattoos are embedded in his arms, they're only part of his promotional costume and disappear along with it.
- The rune he uses (the number 3 shape in a circling dragon) is divided into two tattoos (3 on his left shoulder and the dragon on his right). However, he never uses both of his hands to construct the rune in his skills/attacks, so the dividing of it is mostly just for looks.
- The writing below the runes/rune tattoo says "The Time Is Near".
- There are 2 type of runes, each with different function:
- Runes with a hexagon as a layer, cause explosion after casting (i.e. XZZ and special active Splash Explosion).
- Runes with 2 moving circle as layers, cause stun upon contact. Examples include >>^XZZ and >>ZZX combo for ranged attacks and Heat Rune or Freeze Rune for trapping runes. This type can summon a blade from the rune (i.e. Luna Blade).
- Shining Rune Buster demonstrated that the combination of the 2 types of Runes can create a powerful deadly attack.
- Between Phoenix Talon's special buff and Magic Resistance Mastery, Rune Slayer gains a exceptional defense against projectile/magic users like Aisha and Rena, which makes him a versatile opponent when paired with Elsword's close-combat expertise, and Rune Slayer's ranged attacks.
- These traits have also lead to Rune Slayer being considered Elsword's strongest, easiest-to-use class by many players.
- Magic Knight/Rune Slayer is one of the class paths that has the ability to burn mana from their opponents with the aid of a skill. Other classes with the same ability include Sheath Knight and Pyro Knight.
- Strangely, Rune Slayer's >>ZZX combo does not have increased damage on an enemy affected by his Magic Chain passive, despite the former being a magical attack.
- Rune Slayer was one of the paths chosen by the players to be revamped in 2/14/13 during the series of Class revamp patches.