|Language:||English • Deutsch • español • français • Bahasa Indonesia • italiano • 한국어 • polski • português do Brasil • ไทย • Tiếng Việt • 中文（简体） • 中文（繁體）|
Ready for some heat?!
The Rune Slayer combines the best of both attack types—physical and magical, especially after incorporating the use of runes. These runes are manipulative in various degrees, perfectly complimenting the Rune Slayer's combat style. Unlike the fireballs used previously, runes provide much better utility in combat: it still provides ranged combat like its predecessor, but with the added function of causing splash magic damage alongside with swordplay in perfect unison.
While traveling, Elsword decides to practice his magic skills so that he can become stronger. He goes to Vanessa in Velder for help, and she explains to him that he can start using runes instead of fireballs to increase his power. Soon Elsword starts to use the runes he got from training, and this allowed him to become a stronger magic knight, thus giving him the name, Rune Slayer.
Second Class Advancement
At Lv35, Magic Knight can advance into Rune Slayer. The second class advancement quest is obtained from Ariel, the event NPC located in every town.
Rune Slayer can also be obtained by using the Item Mall item: Rune Slayer Mark.
- Speak with Adel in Altera.
- Collect 5 Memory Alloys from any Nasod monsters in the Altera region on any difficulty.
- Speak with Lento in Feita.
- Collect drops from monsters throughout the Feita region:
- 10 Purified Magic Crystals from Glitter Necromancers.
- 10 Footprint Rock Fragments from any Golems.
- 10 Purified Power Crystals from any Glitter Soldiers (except Necromancers).
|Level 35 (4 SP)|
|Level 45 (4 SP)|
|Level 50 (4 SP)|
|Level 55 (5 SP)|
|Level 60 (5 SP)|
|Level 65 (10 SP)|
NOTE: Rune Damage is calculated before Enhanced Fireball.
| Exploding Rune
Elsword casts a rune directly in front of him and then expands it, making it explode and lifting targets in range into the air. Can be looped by using actives or having high Action Speed.
| Aerial Rune
While airborne, Elsword casts a rune in the air and then propels it downward at a 45 degree angle, covering a moderate distance. Unlike the old version, before launching it down, Elsword pops a rune out, stunning targets and making them vulnerable for a combo.
- Combo Video by 'QueenofNasod'
- Combo Video by 'Pandamare'
- Combo Video by 'NoctisMortisNA'
- Combo Video by 'jeid6000'
- Combo Video by 'Zytas'
- PvP Gameplay by 'NoctisMortisNA'
- PvP Gameplay by 'superred304'
- PvP Gameplay by 'YukiroIlluminati'
Rune Slayer's Teaser poster shown alongside Lord Knight.
List of changes to Rune Slayer after the 14/2 Revamp.Video Here
- Upon advancing to a Rune Slayer, all normal Fireball combos are replaced with Runes.
- These Runes travel much faster and are larger than Elsword's old Fireball attacks.
- In his concept art, his initial design was rejected as it had too many similarities to Magic Knight. They then completely redesign his outfit and personality to be more rugged and laid-back rather than knightly and serious like Lord Knight.
- Strangely, Rune Slayer's >>ZZX combo does not have increased damage on an enemy affected by his Magic Chain passive, despite the former being a magical attack.
- On Rune Slayer's runes, text reading "The Time Is Now" can be seen under the main symbol in small text.